1 whole, pasture-raised chicken
4 Tbsp. grass-fed butter
1 lime or ½ lemon
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder
Celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pat butter on outside of chicken, underneath breast skin and inside the carcass.
- Mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne powder together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with spice mixture. Use salt and pepper inside the carcass.
- Broil chicken for 10 minutes, breast side down, until skin is nicely browned.
- Flip to breast side. Broil for another 10 minutes at 425°F.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F, for 1-1.2 hours (or until internal temperature is 175°F-180°F.) Baste with juice every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Baste with juices. Squeeze fresh lime (or lemon) over chicken.
- LET REST 10 MINUTES (very important!) Add a little extra salt and pepper to your taste and enjoy!
Inspired by www.westonaprice.org