2 cups chopped grilled chicken breast
1 medium apple, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
2 T. chopped walnuts
¼ cup avocado mayonnaise
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 T. lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Season chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken on the grill for 6-10 minutes, turning after 4-5 minutes. Chicken is done cooking when it’s white throughout and has an internal temperature or 160°F.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, chop it up for the salad.
- Combine chicken, diced apple, celery, onion and walnuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and mustard until combined.
- Add dressing to the bowl with the chicken mixture and toss well.
- Top with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Serve salad as is, in a wrap, sandwich or as a topping for salad.
Inspired by www.eatingbirdfood.com