1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup pureed tomatoes
½ teaspoon cumin
2 Tbsp chopped parsley + ½ Tbsp for garnish
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 medium eggs
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the pureed tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
2. Once the tomatoes are bubbling gently, stir in the cumin, parsley, salt, and pepper, and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Crack open each egg over the top of the sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are to desired consistency. You can also whisk the eggs together and pour over the sauce, stirring gently to combine, and then cover and cook the same way.
4. If needed, run a spatula around the outside of the omelet to loosen the sides. If there is any runny egg in the middle, tilt the pan to let the runny egg move to the edges where it will cook faster.
5. Once the eggs have completely set, slide the tomato mixture/omelet onto a plate and garnish with additional parsley before serving.
Inspired by Every Last Bite