2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 T butter
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup of orange juice
1 orange, cut into wedges
½ to 1 cup of chicken stock
¼ cup finely diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Once browned, remove chicken to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the skillet; deglaze and scrape up any browned bits.
- Add orange juice and wedges. Let cook for about 2 minutes to soften oranges, then place chicken back in the skillet.
- Pour the stock into the skillet, place in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with a drizzle of the sauce and a sprinkle of green onions.
Serves: 4 to 6
Inspired by pccmarkets.com/recipe/orange-balsamic-chicken/