2 cups coconut or almond milk
1 frozen banana, sliced
1 small apple (select a sweeter variety), peeled, cored, and chopped
4 pitted Medjool dates
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
Handful of ice cubes
Whipped coconut cream (optional)
1. Soak the pitted dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut milk, frozen banana, chopped apple, softened dates, and apple pie spice.
3. Blend or process on high until smooth.
4. Add the ice cubes and blend well.
5. Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately with whipped coconut cream (optional) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Inspired by Balancing Motherhood