4 chicken thighs OR 6 drumsticks, bone-in, skin on
6 cups of any of the following: mixed vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Sweet potatoes, Red bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, Carrots, Celery, Parsnips, Turnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 yellow onion
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
Celtic sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
Bacon grease (optional but this makes it soooooo delicious!)
Seasonings of choice (I recommend Dr. Cowan’s Garden)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash chicken well and pat dry. Season with pepper and set aside.
- Chop all veggies and place in a large bowl. Combine well. (NOTE: if using broccoli, set aside and add during the last 10 minutes of baking to avoid burning.) Add onion and garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper, or other seasonings as desired. Drizzle olive oil over veggies (and a little bit of bacon grease if desired,) and combine until vegetables are lightly coated.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken on a cookie sheet, followed by vegetable mixture, ensuring vegetables are on the bottom of the pan, not on top of the chicken.
- Place in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally to coat, for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken temperature reaches 165°F. If using broccoli, add to pan when the chicken temperature reaches 155°F, then return to oven and allow the chicken to reach 165°F, and broccoli is done.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Inspired by www.rondanelson.com/recipe/roasted-chicken-and-vegetables/