2 T. high-heat oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
2 cups sliced mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, chanterelles, etc.)
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
½ cup sliced shallots
4 slices prosciutto, chopped (optional)
1 ½ pounds yams, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
1. Heat 1 T. oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add shallots, garlic, prosciutto and marjoram. Cook until shallots are soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add yams and cook until golden and tender, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove yam mixture from skillet and set aside.
5. Add remaining oil and mushrooms; cook until tender for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Return yams to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
7. Toss balsamic with cooked yams and mushrooms.
9. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens for 5 to 10 minutes.
10. Remove from the heat and stir in pine nuts and parsley.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Inspired by www.pccmarkets.com/recipe