1 ½ lb. tri-tip roast
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1. Rinse the tri-tip roast and pat it dry with paper towels.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Rub the mixture over the roast and allow to stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat one side of an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
5. Sear the meat on all sides for a total of 8 minutes, then move the roast to the opposite side of the grill off the direct heat.
6. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the roast over and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 135-140° F for medium-rare, 140-145° F for medium, or 145-150° F for medium-well.
7. Remove from the grill and place on a cutting board. Slice thinly against the grain for maximum tenderness!
Inspired by Against All Grain