1 ½ cups raw pecans
7 dates, pitted
1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil or palm oil
¼ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
6 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup honey
1 Tbsp. orange zest
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Place pecans and dates in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Pulse in oil and salt until mixture begins to form a ball.
- Grease 8×8-inch baking dish with grapeseed or palm oil. Press crust into dish.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place 4 cups cranberries, honey and orange zest in a saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer 10-15 minutes, until cranberries start to dissolve.
- Add remaining 2 cups cranberries and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Poor mixture over crust.
- Allow bars to set in refrigerator for 90 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 16 bars
Inspired by www.elanaspantry.com