1 lb. fresh tuna, diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
¼ cup homemade or organic mayonnaise
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
Sliced tomatoes and arugula, to serve
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, the kalamata olives, and the scallions. Place the mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- When the 5 minutes is up, transfer the tuna mixture into a food processor and pulse until the tuna is finely chopped.
- Transfer back to the bowl and season to taste.
- Flatten the tuna mixture into 4 patties of equal size.
- Brush each patty with olive oil and grill for 6 to 8 minutes total, flipping once.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the anchovy paste.
- Spread the mayonnaise and anchovy paste on each tuna patty. Top with tomato and arugula and serve. Enjoy!
Inspired by: https://paleoleap.com/tuna-burgers/